The working principle of the laser metal cutting machine is that a high-energy laser beam irradiates the surface of the workpiece to make the workpiece reach the melting point or boiling point, while the high-pressure gas blows away the molten or vaporized metal. As the relative position of the beam and the workpiece moves, the material will finally form a slit, so as to achieve the purpose of cutting. In this process, what is the transmission mode of the fiber laser cutting machine? What are the advantages of using different transmission methods? Next, the MYST Laser will answer for you.
At present, there are two transmission methods used in laser sheet metal cutter: rack and pinion transmission and screw transmission. Both transmission methods have their own advantages and characteristics.
Gear/Rack and pinion transmission
The racks used in the laser steel cutting machine are also divided into spur racks and helical racks, which are paired with spur gears and helical gears respectively; the tooth profile of the rack is a straight line instead of an involute (tooth surface) In terms of the plane), it is equivalent to an infinite cylindrical gear with an index circle radius. Its working principle is that the rack and pinion are mechanical parts with teeth that can be mutually engaged. Rack and pinion are divided into straight teeth and helical teeth. Rack and pinion are widely used in laser cutting machines for the metal sheet to realize transfer movement, change movement speed, and change movement direction.
Advantages of rack and pinion transmission:
1. The instantaneous transmission ratio is constant, the work is stable, the transmission is accurate and reliable, and it can transmit the movement and power between any two axes in space;
2. Wide range of applicable power and speed, high transmission efficiency, reliable work and long service life;
3. The rack and pinion are relatively easy to manufacture, and the installation is relatively simple.
4. Small outline size, compact structure, suitable for long-distance load linear movement.
Ball screw transmission:
The ball screw transmission used in the CNC fiber laser cutting machine is an ideal product that converts rotary motion into linear motion or converts linear motion into rotary motion. The ball screw is composed of a screw, a nut, and a ball, and its function is to convert rotary motion into linear motion. Its working principle is the development of ball screw technology, which makes the bearing change from rolling action to sliding action. Because of its small frictional resistance, ball screws are widely used in various industrial equipment and precision instruments, as well as fiber optic laser cutter.
Advantages of ball screw:
1. High transmission efficiency;
2. The transmission is sensitive and stable;
3. High positioning accuracy;
4. Good accuracy retention;
5. High transmission rigidity;
6. Good synchronization performance.
The stainless steel laser cutting machine produced by MYST not only guarantees the stability of the fiber laser metal cutting machine at high speed but also guarantees the cutting accuracy. You can rest assured to buy your favorite MYST best fiber laser cutting machine!